The global Covid-19 pandemic continues to increase in strength. Areas of the United States are seeing a surge of cases. Indiana continues in a level state, neither increasing or decreasing the number of new cases. The fact remains that this virus is capable of creating serious illness and even death, and we feel an obligation to do whatever we may to diminish the likelihood of the transmission of this disease.
It’s also more important than ever that we remain committed to our mission of enhancing health and well-being for our patients, communities and ourselves. Therefore we have changed our procedures to
protect our patients and staff as much as possible. Please read the following information and be aware that we will be making updates as the situation continues to evolve.
1. If you have a fever, cough or feel sick, please call us to postpone your appointment until your symptoms resolve (about 2 weeks).
2. If you have are sick and have traveled to a high-risk area or have been in contact with a known COVID-19 infected person, you should postpone your appointment and contact your primary care provider.
3. We recommend that patients that are not in the high-risk category keep their appointments.
4. If possible, do not bring other guests to your appointment. Please ask them to wait in the car in the parking lot as we are trying to avoid the use of our waiting room.
5. We will continue to take patient’s temperatures to scan for any actively contagious symptoms before treatment.
6. There will be hand sanitizer and ample soap available and we will ask patients to clean their hands upon arrival.
7. Our staff will wear latex disposable gloves when the situation requires or on request.
8. We will continue to follow Universal Precautions. All hard surfaces that patients contact will be cleaned between patients.
9. We still ask that all persons entering the clinic wear a face mask. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
10. We sanitize our digital sign-in pad after each use.
11. To reduce your risk and support your well-being we utilize HEPA approved air filters in our office, which according to NASA, can capture 99.9% of virus-sized particles, including COVID-19.
We know that some of these restrictions and recommendations may be burdensome, but please realize they all are intended to ensure everyone’s health and safety.