- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, 69 grams
- 3/4 cup Arrowroot Flour, 88 grams
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Pastured Eggs
- 1/2 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs to the bowl, and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the palm shortening to the bowl, and blend again until smooth and whipped.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (#50 disher), scoop the cookie dough onto your lined baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Baking on the middle rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and transfer the cookies on the parchment to a cooling rack, and repeat the baking process with a second batch of cookies.
- Do not move the cookies from the parchment until cool, then serve and enjoy.
If you would like cookies that do not spread as much, you can substitute 1/2 cup of the maple syrup for granulated maple sugar or coconut sugar. You can use grass-fed butter in place of the shortening in this recipe, just be sure that it is softened to room temperature.